All Collections
Motorhome Safety
Reporting Safety Defects
Reporting Safety Defects

What to do if you suspect your motorhome has a safety defect

Mike Duclos avatar
Written by Mike Duclos
Updated over a week ago

If you suspect your motorhome has a safety defect that could cause injury or death, immediately contact Triple E RV. Also, contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the US or Transport Canada to report your concern.

NHTSA will investigate the concern if there are a number of similar complaints. NHTSA has the authority to order a recall and repair campaign depending on the nature and severity of the problem.

You can reach the NHTSA by calling the Auto Safety Hotline at 1-800-424-9393 (202-366-0123 in the Washington, DC, area) or by writing to NHTSA, US Department of Transportation, Washington, DC 20590. The hotline also will provide you with additional information on motor vehicle safety.

In Canada, call 1-613-993-9851 or write to Transport Canada and Road Safety, 2780 Sheffield Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1B 3V9.

Did this answer your question?