To keep your refrigerator running smoothly, you should clean the gas burner after prolonged exposure to gas, at least once a year. When using a tank or refillable cylinders, the service interval is reduced to twice or four times a year, depending on the level of contamination. Contamination in the gas burner becomes noticeable with poor ignition process or deflagrations.
Before servicing the Dometic fridge burner:
- Close the gas valve to the refrigerator before cleaning the gas burner.
- Allow the burner to cool down before cleaning it.
- Do not modify the gas equipment. The gas burner can be cleaned without removing the gas equipment.
Step 1 - Remove the ventilation grill from the outside of the unit
Step 2 - Remove the condensation container and the screw holding the burner cover in place. Remove the burner cover by pressing the catch below inwards, and pulling it off gently.
Step 3 - Clean the burner pipe of coarse impurities using a suitable cleaning brush with soft bristles
Step 4 - Blow out the burner pipe with compressed air through the slots in the burner pipe
Step 5 -
- Re-attach the burner cover. The burner cover is fixed in place when it audibly clicks into place.
- Screw the burner cover back in place
- Re-insert the condensation container
- Re-attach the ventilation grill