Here are some steps that will hopefully help understand the process of filling your water tank from the exterior suction hose in a 2017 Serenity. The process is essentially the same as the "sanitization" steps laid out in your owners manual.
- Place the suction hose attached to the winterize valve into the jug of potable water (if you winterized with antifreeze, I'd recommend dunking the hose a few times to rinse off any residual antifreeze). This valve & hose are located under the dinette inside the coach.
- Turn the winterize valve to "WINTERIZE". This enables the use of the suction hose.
- In the exterior service compartment, turn the "water fill selector valve" to WATER TANK FILL ONLY. This should be the horizontal position.
- Turn on the water pump switch (located in the interior service centre).
- The pump should start sucking water up through the suction hose into the tanks. If the pump stops running, open a faucet a little bit to cause the pressure change to start the pump again.
- Once the tank has been filled to the desired amount, return all valves to previous positions.